Personal Information We Collect
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
What are cookies?
Cookies are very small text files that are stored on your computer when you visit some websites.
We use a combination of session cookies and persistent cookies in order to track how you use and experience our website, build anonymous statistical data about how our website is performing, and to power the personalisation of website content to you.
- your display preferences, such as contrast colour settings or font size
- if you have already replied to a survey pop-up that asks you if the content was helpful or not (so you won’t be asked again)
Also, some videos embedded in our pages use a cookie to anonymously gather statistics on how you got there and what videos you visited.
Enabling these cookies is not strictly necessary for the website to work but it will provide you with a better browsing experience. You can delete or block these cookies, but if you do that some features of this site may not work as intended.
The cookie-related information is not used to identify you personally and the pattern data is fully under our control. These cookies are not used for any purpose other than those described here.
We collect only relevant and essential data limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which they are processed basis what we tell you in advance and that which you consent for.
How Do We Use Your Personal Information?
When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, we may use this info to provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
We may use the Device Information that we collect to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
Sharing Your Personal Information
We use Jetpack from WordPress to help us understand how our customers use the Site. You can read more about how JetPack uses your Personal Information here: //automattic.com/privacy/
You can also opt-out of Jetpack here: //tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
We may use your Personal Information to provide you with marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. You can opt out of these at anytime by clicking on the unsubscribe option at the end of the communication message.
Do Not Track
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
If you are a European resident, you have rights under data protection laws (General Data Protection Regulation) in relation to your personal data:
- The right of access – that’s a right to make what’s known as a ‘data subject access request’ for copy of the personal data we hold about you;
- The right to rectification – that’s a right to make us correct personal data about you that may be incomplete or inaccurate;
- The right to erasure – that’s also known as the ‘right to be forgotten’ where in certain circumstances you can ask us to delete the personal data we have about you (unless there’s an overriding legal reason we need to keep it);
- The right to restrict processing – that’s a right for you in certain circumstances to ask us to suspend processing personal data;
- The right to data portability – that’s a right for you to ask us for a copy of your personal data in a common format (for example, a .csv file);
- The right to object – that’s a right for you to object to us processing your personal data (for example, if you object to us processing your data for direct marketing); and
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling – that’s a right you have for us to be transparent about any profiling we do, or any automated decision making.
If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
If you are a European resident please note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information may be transferred outside of Europe.
We retain the data you have chosen to voluntarily share with us, unless you ask for it to be deleted.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at dpo[at]bitspace.no or by mail using the details provided below:
Data Protection Officer
Gjerdrums Vei 8,
0484 Oslo, Norway